The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019 and Friday, Nov. 29, 2019, in observance of Thanksgiving. In addition:
· County senior centers will be closed and Meals on Wheels will not be delivered either day. However, participants will be provided shelf-stable meals in advance.
· There will be no county bus service Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29. Regular service will resume on Saturday, Nov. 30.
· Calvert Library locations will close Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 5 p.m. for the holiday and will reopen Saturday, Nov. 30 with normal hours of operation. Online services and electronic checkouts will be available.
· All community centers will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29.
· All recreation parks including Dunkirk, Hallowing Point and Cove Point parks will be open with normal hours.
· The Appeal Solid Waste Facility, including the landfill and transfer station, and all county customer convenience centers will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28. Normal operating hours resume Friday, Nov. 29.
· The Water & Sewerage billing and customer service office, and the Solomons Septage Receiving Facility, will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29. On-call crews will be available for water and sewer service emergencies only at 410-535-3491.
· Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open Thanksgiving Day until 3 p.m. Carts must be returned by 2:30 p.m.
· The Calvert Marine Museum will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28. The museum will reopen Friday, Nov. 29, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Museum Store will also be open from 10:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
· The Solomons Visitor Center, located in the Calvert Marine Museum, will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29. Winter hours are Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Sundays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· Flag Ponds Nature Park will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and will reopen Friday, Nov. 29 at 9 a.m.
· Kings Landing Park will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29.
· Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be closed and remain closed through spring while undergoing renovations to the nature center.
· Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and will resume normal hours Friday, Nov. 29.
· Breezy Point Beach & Campground is closed for the season.
· The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and Animal Control Division will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29.
Find information on Calvert County Government services online at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov. Stay up to date with Calvert County Government on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CalvertCountyMd.